Rajasthan General Knowledge (GK)
The state symbol of Rajasthan represents its uniqueness and cultural identity. The state symbols show the cultural diversity of Rajasthan. Let read the detail about the state symbols of the Rajasthan.
List of State symbols of Rajasthan
|State Symbol of Rajasthan||
|State Flower of Rajasthan||
|State Bird of Rajasthan||
Godawan or Great Indian Bustard
|State Tree of Rajasthan||
|State Animal of Rajasthan||
Camel and Chinkara
|State Dance of Rajasthan||
|State Game of Rajasthan||
State Flower of Rajasthan
- Binomial Name: Tecomella Undulata
- Description: Rohida is tree species, it produces good quality of timber, it is the main source of timber for the people of the desert area of Marwar and Shekhawati in Rajasthan.
- Found: It is found in India and Pakistan Thar desert region, and Arabia.
- Other Names: Desert teak and Marwar teak are the trade name.
- Habitat (in India): Maharashtra, Rajasthan, Gujarat, Haryana, and Punjab.
- Size: Medium-sized.
State Bird of Rajasthan
Great Indian Bustard:
- Binomial Name: Ardeotis nigriceps
- Other Name: Indian bustard and Godawan.
- Description: It looks like Ostrich, and it is one of the heaviest flying birds.
- Size: Heavy bird with long bare legs and horizontal body.
- Habitat: It is found in the Indian subcontinent (India and Pakistan).
- Protection: Indian Bustard got the one of highest protection status in India under the Wildlife protection act of 1972.
- Conservation Status (IUCN Status): Critically Endangered.
State Tree of Rajasthan
- Binomial Name: Prosopis cineraria
- Other Names: Chhonkara in western UP, Jammi in Telangana, and Ghaf in the United Arab Emirates.
- Native: It is native to the arid region of the Indian subcontinent and western Asia
- Description: It is the national tree of UAE and also known as the “Tree of Life” in Bahrain. It is the same tree species for which in 1730 Amrita Devi and her three daughters gave their lives in order to protect it from cutting.
- Religious Significance: In many parts of India it is worshiped in the Dusshera festival.
State Animal of Rajasthan
- Camel is also known as the “ship of the desert”.
- After declaring the camel as the State animal of Rajasthan, it is prohibited to slaughter the camel under the government act.
- In 2016 Ushtra Vikas Yojana was announced by the Rajasthan government as the new camel development scheme.
- Binomial Name: Gazella Bennettii
- Other Name: Indian Gazelle
- Native: It is native to India, Iran, Pakistan, and Afghanistan.
- Size: 65 cm. tall and around 23 kg weighs.
- Habitat: They live in hills, arid plains, dry scrubs, and deserts.
- Conservation Status (IUCN Status): Least Concern
State Dance of Rajasthan
- Genre: Folk Dance
- Origin: Rajasthan
- Description: It is performed by the women of the Bhil tribe in a dress named “Ghaghara” to worship the goddess Sarasvati. Maharani Rajmata Goverdhan Kumari established the “Gangaur Ghoomar Dance Academy” in1986 at Santrampur.
State Game of Rajasthan
- Rajasthan government declared basketball as the state game in 1948.
- Each team has 5 players.
- The diameter of the basketball is 24 cm and it is played on the rectangular court.
- Complete Rajasthan GK
- First in Rajasthan | Rajasthan General Knowledge
- History of Rajasthan
- Important Rajasthan GK Questions