Estimated reading time: 2 minutes
What is the MBBS full form?
The word MBBS is an acronym, and the MBBS full form stands for “Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery”. Medical colleges and universities award the MBBS degree, which is a specialist undergraduate degree in surgical medicine and medical.
However, as the names suggest, a Bachelor of Medicine and a Bachelor of Surgery are two separate degrees that are integrated into one field and rewarded together during practice.
The internship phase, which lasts 5–6 years, is included in the MBBS course duration. This curriculum is open to students in higher secondary school who have studied science courses such as chemistry, physics, biology, and English.
It is regarded as one of the best courses in the world, and after completing it, an individual is legally transformed into a medical practitioner.
Eligibility for MBBS Course
The following are the eligibility criteria for the candidates who want to pursue the MBBS:
- The student must be the 12th passes, and having Botany, Zology, Physics, and Chemistry as his/her main subjects.
- The age eligibility is different for the different entrance exams.
- In the 12th the general category candidates requires 50% marks and the candidates from the SC, ST/OBC category should have the 40% marks.
- There are many other eligibilities as per the Medical Council of India (MCI).
Entrance Exams for MBBS Course
There are many entrance exams for the MBBS course in India and all over the world, here the list of the important entrance exams of India is given below:
- NEET (National Entrance Cum Eligibility Test)
- MGIMS – Wardha
- MU-OET, Manipa
- CMC Vellore
- GGSIPU-CET, Delhi
- Assam CEE (MBBS)
- EAMCET – A. P. (MBBS)
- Gujarat -(ACPMEC)
- JKCET- J & K (MBBS)
- Karnataka (MBBS)
- KEAM-Kerala (MBBS)
- WB-JEE (MBBS)
- U-PMT, Uttarakhand
Top Colleges and Universities for MBBS in India
There are many top colleges India which offers the MBBS course. The list of the top known MBBS colleges in India is given below:
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), Delhi
- PGIMER, Chandigarh – Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research
- Christian Medical College, Vellore
- SGPGI, Lucknow
- Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, Coimbatore
- Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi
- Kasturba Medical College, Manipal
- JIPMER, Puducherry
- Institute of Liver and Biliary Sciences, Delhi
- King George’s Medical University, Lucknow.
Also Read: MBA Full Form in English | Full Form of MBA